Tuesday 20 October 2009

Stop The War Machine

*Note* I was watching this kinda spoken word song by Rou from Enter Shikari on YouTube and a video about the recent bombing of a building which alledgedly two members of the Taliban were in and the pain that was caused by the Americans bombing this buliding which killed innocents, including a young boy, was etched all over the people's faces. As soon as I started to write this poem I just got more and more into it so I hope you like it.

War, why do it?
It’s not like it’s needed.
The ruthless killing of adults, children and teens
It is just completely obscene.
Why the blood drenched soil
Just so you can have a couple of litres of oil?
You promised us the end
But all we got was lies and the deaths of innocents again.
Where are these “WMDs”?
Cos I haven’t seen them on my TV screen.
Why can’t we just have peace
Instead of killing innocents in their sleep?
Why aren’t you so keen
To stop the war machine?


By Seán Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment