Tuesday 27 October 2009

Technology Is Our Downfall

*Note* It's been a while since I last posted a poem so here's one for whoever reads these. It's about how I can only connect to a certain someone through instant messaging and how I feel like the friendship is growing apart. I wrote this poem last week so this friendship has already gone to the shits so here it is anyway.

Why is it so hard to talk to you in person?
I mean, come on, it can’t be that hard.
We only ever seem to talk over MSN, and I see you nearly every day.
In person, I never seem to have a thorough conversation with you
It’s almost like you’re a different person.
Does it feel like there is more pressure in person?
Is it because you don’t like to see me in person?
We shouldn’t have to rely on talking through the medium of social networks or instant messaging.
Cherish the friends while they are there for you, cos you never know how long they will be.

By Seán Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment