Monday 19 October 2009

Why Do You Even Care?

*Note* This is the first poem I wrote so sorry if it's kinda shitty. It's about how people are always commenting to me about why don't I do this about how I look or why don't I drink and so on, and I always feel like saying "Why do you even care? You ain't me. It's my life so let me live it my way"

You ain’t me so why do you even care?
Does it even matter how I dress or if I even have facial hair?
You have your own life so don’t try and control mine.
I don’t agree with how you live but I don’t try and change your’s but when you tried to change mine is when you cross the line.
What makes this world so special is that we are all so different
So since when did having to be like everyone else become efficient?
I ain’t your dress-up doll
So why can’t you leave me to myself to evolve.

See, I don’t care on whether or not I’m considered cool
Because eventually these “friends” will in the end just treat you like a mule.

By Seán Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment