Monday 19 October 2009

Why Do WE Even Care?

*Note* I wrote this last night as I was laying in bed thinking about Holly McNish's poem Heat Magazine and Bitch Fights" and all these lines and sentences just kept flying into my head. So I started writing this poem which took about 2 or 3 minutes apart from the last line which I got done today. It kinda went off topic but it's better than I was expecting it to turn out.

Why do you read these gossip magazines?
Do you like seeing famous rich bastards that didn’t do shit to get where they are?
All these magazines do is make us feel bad about how we look.
Who cares if we’re not perfect, no one is.
We all have flaws but that’s all we ever look for.
We never look for the good things, the beautiful things.
Instead we’d rather see the bad things in everything and make it seem a bigger problem than it is.
Why can’t we be happy for one another for once?
Why can’t we admire someone’s beauty without trying to find a flaw?
We can’t we all be happy with what we’ve got?
Why can’t we all just stop caring about other people's looks and flaws?

It has nothing to do with us.

By Seán Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment